Rhaphidophora Hayii Shingle Plant - Live Plant in a 4 Inch Pot - Rhaphidophora Hayii - Extremely Rare and Beautiful Vining Indoor Houseplant - Air Purifying
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Free nationwide shipping
- RETURNS WITH CUTTINGS REMOVED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Wekiva Foliage. The Shingle Plant, also known as Rhaphidophora hayi, got its name from its climbing style. As it grows, it generates aerial roots along its stem which allow it to cling to a vertical surface. Its leaves tend to grow flat against the support, giving the appearance of lush green shingles on a roof.
- The Shingle Plant is a climbing houseplant that flourishes and appears its best when given a porous support to climb on. It grows relatively slow, but can reach several feet tall indoors. With proper care, it can become a striking floor plant. The Shingle Plant is a sought-after aroid, and is closely related to monstera, pothos, and philodendron.
- Place the shingle plant in an area with medium to bright indirect light. This means it should receive light that is not too strong and casts a shadow. Direct sunlight, especially during hot afternoons, should be avoided as it can result in sunburn on the leaves, appearing as bleached spots. This plant can grow well with both natural and artificial light sources, such as a bright window or under fluorescent or LED lights.
- Water the shingle plant when the top of the soil in the pot begins to feel dry to the touch. Avoid watering too frequently as this can lead to root suffocation and rotting. It's important to strike a balance between keeping the soil moist and avoiding overwatering.
- To keep your shingle plant healthy, it's important to maintain a high level of humidity. This can be achieved by placing it in a terrarium, over a tray of pebbles, close to a humidifier, or by grouping it with other moisture-loving houseplants. Dry air can be harmful to the plant, so make sure to keep it in a moist environment.
All Wekiva Foliage plants come with a 30 day warranty. If your plant is damaged during delivery, please contact us within 48 hours.
2. Shipping Restrictions
Unfortunately we are unable to ship plants to CA, AZ, HI, and PR.
3. Weather Advisory
Please be aware of extreme cold or hot weather at the time of purchase. We ask that customers take responsibility for products ordered during extreme weather events.
30 Day Guarantee
Beautiful Plants Guaranteed
Over 50 Years In The Foliage Industry
Wekiva Foliage is located in the heart of Wekiva Springs in Apopka, Florida. We have been specializing in growing landscape and indoor plants for over 20 years and have been in the foliage industry for over 50 years.
"Came in perfect condition--thank you!"
"Amazing Plants! I was so happy to see these way larger than the plants pictured because I know how slow most cycads grow."
"This is the first time I've ever ordered plants online, so I had no idea what to expect. When I saw the description of 'comes in a 4" growers' pot' I figured I'd be getting some fairly small plants--nope! The bamboo palms were fully 2' tall from root to top leaf, and perfectly healthy. All 5 plants were VERY well secured in their box, to the point that the bottom layer was even spray-foamed to the cardboard! I couldn't ask for a better experience and I'm so excited to see these plants grow. Five stars!"
"Thrilled with my purchase! This seller went above any beyond! The packaging was very careful, the plants are so much bigger than I expected, and I was given more than what was depicted in the item description. 10/10 all round!"
"This is SO BEAUTIFUL! Packaging was perfect and efficient, plant was in excellent condition. I'm in love with this plant and I will definitely order more."