Red Lady Papaya Tree - Live Tree in a 3 Gallon Pot - 2-3 Feet Tall - Papaya Carica - Edible Fruit Bearing Tree
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Free nationwide shipping
- We do not currently ship to AK,AZ,CA,GU,HI,PR
- Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Wekiva Foliage. The Red Lady papaya plant grows in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 9 to 11.
- Select a location for your Red Lady papaya plant where it will have full sun. The plant grows 20 to 30 feet tall and should be spaced 8 to 10 feet apart. Papayas will grow in nearly any type of soil as long as the soil drains well.
- Water the plants regularly to keep the soil moist. The frequency depends on the weather and soil type. Sandy soils should be watered every one to two days in hot weather, while loam soil only needs water every three to four days. Add a 2- to 6-inch layer of mulch, keeping it 8 to 12 inches from the trunk of the papaya to help retain soil moisture and control weeds.
- When the fruit starts to ripen, the skin will start to turn yellow or orange, and you can pick the fruit when 1/10 to 1/3 of the skin has changed color. The fruit will be sweeter the longer you allow it to ripen. Keep the papaya at room temperature to allow it to fully ripen and change color. Ripe fruit will keep in the refrigerator for four to seven days.
- You can harvest the papaya fruit when it is still green and use it as a vegetable. However, be aware that although the fruit may turn yellow, it will not ripen and get sweeter if you pick it while it is still green.
All Wekiva Foliage plants come with a 30 day warranty. If your plant is damaged during delivery, please contact us within 48 hours.
2. Shipping Restrictions
Unfortunately we are unable to ship plants to CA, AZ, HI, and PR.
3. Weather Advisory
Please be aware of extreme cold or hot weather at the time of purchase. We ask that customers take responsibility for products ordered during extreme weather events.
30 Day Guarantee
Beautiful Plants Guaranteed
Over 50 Years In The Foliage Industry
Wekiva Foliage is located in the heart of Wekiva Springs in Apopka, Florida. We have been specializing in growing landscape and indoor plants for over 20 years and have been in the foliage industry for over 50 years.
"Came in perfect condition--thank you!"
"Amazing Plants! I was so happy to see these way larger than the plants pictured because I know how slow most cycads grow."
"This is the first time I've ever ordered plants online, so I had no idea what to expect. When I saw the description of 'comes in a 4" growers' pot' I figured I'd be getting some fairly small plants--nope! The bamboo palms were fully 2' tall from root to top leaf, and perfectly healthy. All 5 plants were VERY well secured in their box, to the point that the bottom layer was even spray-foamed to the cardboard! I couldn't ask for a better experience and I'm so excited to see these plants grow. Five stars!"
"Thrilled with my purchase! This seller went above any beyond! The packaging was very careful, the plants are so much bigger than I expected, and I was given more than what was depicted in the item description. 10/10 all round!"
"This is SO BEAUTIFUL! Packaging was perfect and efficient, plant was in excellent condition. I'm in love with this plant and I will definitely order more."