Pineapple Plant - Live Plants in 4 Inch Grower's Pots - Ananas Comosus - Starter Fruit Trees Ready for The Patio and Garden
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Free nationwide shipping
- Native to Brazil and Paraguay, an outdoor pineapple plant can reach 5 or 6 feet high, but an indoor specimen generally doesn’t surpass 2 or 3 feet. Both consist of a short stem sprouting a rosette of often spiny 2-inch to 5-foot sword-shaped leaves.
- Since a pineapple requires fast-draining, sandy soil to prevent root rot, a cactus and citrus potting mix with a pH between 4.5 and 6.5 should suit the plant. Alternatively, you can try a cymbidium orchid mix—which often is recommended for terrestrial bromeliads as well as terrestrial orchids—or a mix of one part peat moss, one part coarse builder’s sand, and one part perlite.
- If you want your plant to fruit, you should give it as much light as possible, such as in a greenhouse, sunroom, or near a large south-facing window. If moving the plant outdoors over the summer, be careful to adapt it gradually to full sun if it was in dimmer conditions before.
- Pineapple plant indoor temperatures should remain in the 65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit range, and it’s a good idea to bring the plant into the house once temperatures begin falling below 60 degrees outdoors in autumn.
- The pineapple enjoys humidity as well as heat, so don’t leave it “pining” for company. Instead, keep it clustered with other plants to help raise the moisture in the air around it.
All Wekiva Foliage plants come with a 30 day warranty. If your plant is damaged during delivery, please contact us within 48 hours.
2. Shipping Restrictions
Unfortunately we are unable to ship plants to CA, AZ, HI, and PR.
3. Weather Advisory
Please be aware of extreme cold or hot weather at the time of purchase. We ask that customers take responsibility for products ordered during extreme weather events.
30 Day Guarantee
Beautiful Plants Guaranteed
Over 50 Years In The Foliage Industry
Wekiva Foliage is located in the heart of Wekiva Springs in Apopka, Florida. We have been specializing in growing landscape and indoor plants for over 20 years and have been in the foliage industry for over 50 years.
"Came in perfect condition--thank you!"
"Amazing Plants! I was so happy to see these way larger than the plants pictured because I know how slow most cycads grow."
"This is the first time I've ever ordered plants online, so I had no idea what to expect. When I saw the description of 'comes in a 4" growers' pot' I figured I'd be getting some fairly small plants--nope! The bamboo palms were fully 2' tall from root to top leaf, and perfectly healthy. All 5 plants were VERY well secured in their box, to the point that the bottom layer was even spray-foamed to the cardboard! I couldn't ask for a better experience and I'm so excited to see these plants grow. Five stars!"
"Thrilled with my purchase! This seller went above any beyond! The packaging was very careful, the plants are so much bigger than I expected, and I was given more than what was depicted in the item description. 10/10 all round!"
"This is SO BEAUTIFUL! Packaging was perfect and efficient, plant was in excellent condition. I'm in love with this plant and I will definitely order more."