Monstera Peru - Live Plant in a 4 Inch Pot - Monstera karstenianum - Rare and Elegant Indoor Houseplant
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Free nationwide shipping
- Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Wekiva Foliage. The monstera Peru (Monstera karstenianum) is climbing in popularity among houseplant lovers thanks to its unique foliage and ease of care. Unlike other monstera varieties such as monstera dubia and monstera adansonii, the monstera Peru does not develop fenestrated leaves but instead, its thick leaves are characterized by a deep ridge-like texture (similar to some peperomias) and dark green color.
- Monstera Peru is a very rare fast-growing plant with thick and unusually stiff leaves that is often mistaken for Monstera Pinnatipartita when young because the leaves look alike. The leaves of the Monstera Sp. Peru are somewhat wider, and look rounder, and differ from the leaves of Monstera Pinnatipartita that are more elongated.
- Monstera Peru grows fast and healthy in bright but indirect light. A recommended space to put your monstera is next to a north-facing window, in a filterer window that is not facing north, or if you don't want to filter the light, place it a few feet inside so the sun in the afternoon doesn't hit its leaves.
- Despite being a tropical plant, the thick, waxy leaves of the Monstera Peru hint to its ability to retain water for long periods of time. This paired with the fact that it’s a hemiepiphytic vining species (it climbs, but still plants shallow roots in the soil for support) means it’s used to getting quickly drenched and dried in the wild – not sat in the wet pot of an over-eager plant lover.
- Monstera Peru is native to the tropical regions of Peru and requires warm, humid temperatures in order to survive. Ideally, keep temperatures between 60 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit (16 to 30 degrees Celsius) and choose a location that is naturally humid—such as the bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room.
All Wekiva Foliage plants come with a 30 day warranty. If your plant is damaged during delivery, please contact us within 48 hours.
2. Shipping Restrictions
Unfortunately we are unable to ship plants to CA, AZ, HI, and PR.
3. Weather Advisory
Please be aware of extreme cold or hot weather at the time of purchase. We ask that customers take responsibility for products ordered during extreme weather events.
30 Day Guarantee
Beautiful Plants Guaranteed
Over 50 Years In The Foliage Industry
Wekiva Foliage is located in the heart of Wekiva Springs in Apopka, Florida. We have been specializing in growing landscape and indoor plants for over 20 years and have been in the foliage industry for over 50 years.
"Came in perfect condition--thank you!"
"Amazing Plants! I was so happy to see these way larger than the plants pictured because I know how slow most cycads grow."
"This is the first time I've ever ordered plants online, so I had no idea what to expect. When I saw the description of 'comes in a 4" growers' pot' I figured I'd be getting some fairly small plants--nope! The bamboo palms were fully 2' tall from root to top leaf, and perfectly healthy. All 5 plants were VERY well secured in their box, to the point that the bottom layer was even spray-foamed to the cardboard! I couldn't ask for a better experience and I'm so excited to see these plants grow. Five stars!"
"Thrilled with my purchase! This seller went above any beyond! The packaging was very careful, the plants are so much bigger than I expected, and I was given more than what was depicted in the item description. 10/10 all round!"
"This is SO BEAUTIFUL! Packaging was perfect and efficient, plant was in excellent condition. I'm in love with this plant and I will definitely order more."