Coconut Palm - Live Plant in a 10 Inch Growers Pot - Cocos Nucifera - Ornamental Palms of Florida
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Free nationwide shipping
- We do not currently ship to AK,AZ,CA,GU,HI,PR
- Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Wekiva Foliage. Winter hardy to USDA Zones 10-12. This tropical species thrives in humid, frost free coastal lowlands and seashores. Best growth occurs in moderately fertile, humusy, moist, well-drained soils in full sun. Needs minimum temperature of 64 degrees F. to produce fruit. May be grown in containers (sow seed in spring) in a soil-based potting mixture with grit or sand added.
- Cocos nucifera, commonly called coconut or coconut palm, is a tall tree that is native to tropical islands in the western Pacific. It has been commonly planted in frost free tropical areas throughout the world in a variety of conspicuous locations including coastal areas, beaches, parks, along streets, residential yards, near commercial buildings/hotels, and on golf courses.
- In the U. S., it will grow in southern Florida, the southern tip of Texas and Hawaii. It does not perform well in southern California. Trees will typically mature to 50-100' tall over time. This is a single-trunked palm with a branchless, often-curved, light gray trunk which is swollen at the base and topped by a crown of pinnate, downward-arching, green fronds (to 15-20' long).
- Fragrant yellow flowers in elongated clusters to 4' long only appear in tropical climates where they bloom on and off throughout the year. Female flowers are followed by single-seeded coconuts (to 14" long). Each coconut has a fibrous husk which surrounds a woody shell containing the coconut meat, milk and oil which are used in numerous food products around the world.
- Drinkable coconut water is the liquid inside green coconuts. Coconut milk is produced by grating the matue coconut meat, mixing it with water and then squeezing. Coconut meat can be eaten raw or cooked. Dried coconut meat (copra) is crushed to obtain coconut oil with residue sometimes added to animal feed. Coconut oil is used in cooking, cosmetics, soaps and margarine.
All Wekiva Foliage plants come with a 30 day warranty. If your plant is damaged during delivery, please contact us within 48 hours.
2. Shipping Restrictions
Unfortunately we are unable to ship plants to CA, AZ, HI, and PR.
3. Weather Advisory
Please be aware of extreme cold or hot weather at the time of purchase. We ask that customers take responsibility for products ordered during extreme weather events.
30 Day Guarantee
Beautiful Plants Guaranteed
Over 50 Years In The Foliage Industry
Wekiva Foliage is located in the heart of Wekiva Springs in Apopka, Florida. We have been specializing in growing landscape and indoor plants for over 20 years and have been in the foliage industry for over 50 years.
"Came in perfect condition--thank you!"
"Amazing Plants! I was so happy to see these way larger than the plants pictured because I know how slow most cycads grow."
"This is the first time I've ever ordered plants online, so I had no idea what to expect. When I saw the description of 'comes in a 4" growers' pot' I figured I'd be getting some fairly small plants--nope! The bamboo palms were fully 2' tall from root to top leaf, and perfectly healthy. All 5 plants were VERY well secured in their box, to the point that the bottom layer was even spray-foamed to the cardboard! I couldn't ask for a better experience and I'm so excited to see these plants grow. Five stars!"
"Thrilled with my purchase! This seller went above any beyond! The packaging was very careful, the plants are so much bigger than I expected, and I was given more than what was depicted in the item description. 10/10 all round!"
"This is SO BEAUTIFUL! Packaging was perfect and efficient, plant was in excellent condition. I'm in love with this plant and I will definitely order more."